Big Banana: Australia's Wonderfully Bizarre Roadside Attraction

 When It comes to Australia's theme parks, I, like many, instantly cast my mind to Warner Bros Movie World on the Goldcoast.

Well, imagine my surprise when speaking with my wonderful friend Allie last week, who casually dropped in conversation on a recent road trip they visited ' The Big Banana'. 

I questioned this, thinking in my brash English way, this would be a large banana-like structure, in which tourists could take a cheesy selfie...

Oh, How wrong I was... It brings me great honor to introduce, one of the coolest and most bizarre attractions out there... 

Here is 'The BIG BANANA'!!! 




There Is ... A BIG BANANA... 

Yes, to accompany the name, of course, found at the entrance to the amusement park in Coffs Harbour is well a Huge Banana, making for a rather fun photo opportunity! 

It's this image that is really a staple for the park, it's big yellow Icon that is forever found in the promos and merchandise! 




Water Park Time! 

If there is one thing that is universally known about Australia is that, It's Hot... All year, Everyday... Hot! 

So what could be more fitting on your drive through the stunning sights of Coffs Harbour, than hitting up some watersides and raft rides! 




With a selection of body slides and tube-based thrills, this park offers a nice cool down from the heavy sun! 

while non of these slides are groundbreaking.. they do offer drops of up to 4 stories high and hitting top speeds of 60 kph! 

Not bad for a quick dip and splash in the heat! 




Indoor Attractions

This park also has some fantastic indoor fun on offer too! 

With a wide variety of options for all ages... 

From arcades to a 4D ride, jungle gyms... 





There is even cheese making! That is one thing I love about this place, It's a seemingly odd collection of great family experiences that a bit of everything to everyone who passes through its gates! 

I love this and I will be visiting when I can eventually get over there one day! 




Wrap Up 

So there we go, a quick look at a fun and different park out there in the world! 

Big shout out to my Aussie pal Allie for bringing this place to my mind! 

It's Fantastic and thank you so much for the info! 

Have you been to the Big Banana? Will you be visiting soon? 

Leave A comment below, or get involved on our INSTA:@coastersamblog YOUTUBE: Coaster Sam Blog. 

Until Next Time, 

See Ya! 

Sam x 





Comments

Popular Posts