Phantasialand: A Small Slice Of Thematic Heaven

Today I wanted to talk about a park, that since my first visit years ago, has firmly kept it's place in my top 3 favourite theme parks in the world... Phantasialand!




The title of this article is very true.

This park is  full of visually stunning, heart pumping, white knuckle clenching attractions and areas. But yet not many people know about it.

Yes we all in the enthusiast community flock to the park and certainly in and around Germany this park is well known...

But Im talking about the wider general public...

I just feel like Phantasialand doesn't get the global recognition that it deserves!



In such a small park they manage to fill it with incredible themed experiences that defy the likes of Disney... If not slightly succeed..



So I wanted to talk today about my favourite  area in the park and my favourite attraction.

Please remember as usual, these are just my personal thoughts, others my have different opinions and that is what's awesome about being in the community!

Mexico 

Now I know what you thinking... " How could he NOT have said 'Klugheim' " ... yes Klugheim is up there, but I didn't ever feel truly relaxed and have that floaty theme park feeling washing over me.. 

Here me out...


One thing I love is rock work, but specifically those warm colours that take you to a sunny place! 
This is what you can find in the Themed area of Mexico... 

This area of the park is filled with the rich architecture and nods to that part of the world.



With the Chapas soundtrack booming through, giving a sense of optimistic adventure and fun... all the while you can sip on a fresh corona from one of the carts, as you watch the boats of Chapas, fly down the shoot into the splash! 

It's so relaxing and a theme park paradise! 

Talocan 

Yes this is a flat... But this has to be the most overwhelmingly beautifully Top Spins you will ever see! 



Never have I been so nervous for a topspin in my life.. that was all purely down to the soundtrack, the fire and the walls that encase the riders and those waiting in line...



Its a great example of an attraction using a fairly standard ride system... But jazzing it up to be in another league and it's the theming alone that has earned it's world famous reputation! 


Wrap Up 

So there we go, my top ride and area for theming at the stunning Phantasialand. 



If you haven't experienced it yet, I would urge you ( when it is all safe to do so again ) make the trip, travel out to see this park... 

it. is. incredible.



Have you been to Phantasialand? Whats your favourite area or attraction? 

Leave a comment below, or get involved on our insta: @coastersamblog 

Until Next Time, 

See Ya, 

Sam x 

Comments

Popular Posts