Disneyland Paris Attractions: What to drop or which to swap

 For today's article I felt like having a bit of fun for a Saturday afternoon! 

Disneyland Paris has been a staple for me both growing up and in my adult life. 

Having spent a lot of time in Paris due to my family being partly based out there, Disneyland was a trip for a special occasion or perhaps a special treat! 

Over my years of visiting Ive come to notice attractions that have perhaps always been a bit stale or dormant, that could really go or some that could be swapped for current existing attractions from the other Disney theme parks around the world. 





So, Just for a bit of fun I wanted to share my Drop Or Swap for DLP! 


( Please remember as always these are just my opinion and not everyone will agree and that's ok, it's the best part about being in the coaster community! I would love to know your own thoughts, head on over to our insta: @coastersamblog to get involved ) 


With that out the way, let's go! 


1). Alice's Curious Labyrinth: SWAP

While this attraction forever remain a popular one with guests and serves as a wonderful filler, between shows or Fastpass times.... it could do with an update. 

Here I propose swapping in Shanghai's version 'Alice in Wonderland Maze'. 




It's focus is on the Tim Burton re-make and is a fresh take on the maze concept! 

While I am not saying a huge overhaul and change of layout needs to happen, just small sprinkle of pixie dust to keep it fresh and up to date! 


2). Frontier Playground: DROP

While I can see this being useful for families with smaller children... and I understand I am not quite there yet in my life... I think this is a waste of space. 



The land could be used to pop in something more exciting, even if it was a few smaller flats for kids, anything really... I just think a playground is out of fashion and has often just been left dormant... 

This for me is a Drop. 


3). Slinky Dog and Parachute Drop: SWAP 

We were so lucky to receive on of the most original Disney Park's lands in Paris... Toy Story Land! 

This land is always a fan fav and great fun to walk through all times throughout the day, with photo op's and great effects, it never fails to put a smile on any guest's face. 




But my only thought is that with the development of the toy story brands in the park's across the world, it would be nice to see Slinky Dog and Parachute Drop.... both be swapped to make room for 'Slinky Dog Dash'.

 This family coaster is so much fun and would provide a better use of the space. The studios has quite a few filler flats, that are slightly behind in the times. It would be nice to have this addition brought to the studios! 


4). Les Voyages De Pinocchio: SWAP 

I love a Fantasyland dark ride... however these versions are loud, clunky and just need a re-fresh. 




Here is where I think a trackless dark ride system would work well, so for sake of argument.. my swap 
preference would be .... 'Pooh's Hunny Hunt' from Tokyo Disneyland! 



Or be it a new adventure based off of one of the classic Disney stories! But a trackless system here would allow for a better throughput, a more enjoyable ride and a total E-Ticket to Fanatasyland!  






Wrap Up

So that's all for today gang! 

What are your thoughts? What would like to see Drop Or Swap? 

Leave a comment Below or get involved on our Insta: @coastersamblog 

Until Next Time, 

See Ya! 

Sam x 

Comments

Popular Posts