The Underrated Champion Attraction At Blackpool Pleasure Beach

 

So before we begin I want to state, I am in no way a Blackpool Pleasure Beach Veteran... But I still wanted to share my thoughts as one enthusiast to another. 

All cards on the table here... Until the incredible summer of 2020, I had never been to Blackpool, let alone Pleasure Beach... I know, this is absolute blasphemy to most enthusiasts! 

Apart from trying out all of the amazing coasters and classic heritage of the place, one thing struck me... 

Behind the big headliner rides and coasters, like ICON, The BIG ONE... one attraction stuck me as the most enjoyable, but yet seemingly was never really mentioned. 






This is the Pleasure Beach Express! A sweet lovely little railway ride through some of the park's impressive scenery. 

But I wanted to share a couple thoughts as to why I feel so strongly about this. 





First up the wonderful driver... The level of interaction, optimism and almost performance this member of staff gave was a fantastic sight to see. Full of life and a real ray of sunshine, I have unfortunately forgotten his name but my visit was on the 18th July 2020, so whoever was on duty that day... perhaps can be found. 


Next is the fact it's such a relaxing ride, that takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the park, which in the peak of summer can be refreshing and just what is needed. 





Finally and perhaps most importantly is how this is so unique.... never in a theme park have I ever come so close to coaster tracks and rails, under the structures, right by some impressive elements, giving you front row seats to the action! 

For someone like myself who loves taking vids and pics of coasters, this was just so so so wonderful and a great creates so many different and awesome ops! 


Heading into the new year, it's great to notice the perhaps un-sung hero's of the nations theme parks. 

Be that a member of staff or perhaps something that needs a bit of attention and love.   

I felt compelled to write this, I hope you enjoyed this little insight and can share the love too! 





Do you agree?! What's your un-sung hero of The Pleasure Beach? 

Leave a comment below, or get involved on our insta @coastersamblog 


Until Next Time, 


See Ya 


Sam x  


Comments

  1. Sam - I love this take on the train rides that are often some good down times at theme parks. It was something we always did when the kids were little and I love the idea of doing this as an adult. What fun!! Can't wait for your next post!! Tina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts